September 26, 2010

Friends that stick closer than a brother (or sister as the case may be)

God has blessed me with more friends than I deserve and tonight I want to give a shout out to the fearsome foursome.

We have been friends for 19 years....growing together through girl scouts and slumber parties,
dress-up and junior high, first crushes, first kisses,
first heartaches and everything in between.
This summer has brought changes...two sisterfriends have gotten married, one has moved away and a younger sister has begun to be enfolded into the mix.




Sometimes this requires some crafty planning (like cardboard faces to fill-in pictures), multiple picture texts, and long conversations on various types of media.



But through it all, it means the world to me to have these girls who have known with and without braces, loved me through my awkward pre-teens, crazy teen years, put up with my quirks, held me accountable to the life God has called me to, and have always been ready at a moment's notice with a prayer or word of Godly encouragement.  Thank God for girlfriends!

4 comments:

  1. love you with everything and miss you just as much! you girls are my rock, can't wait to see you again!


    ps-can't really believe its been 19years....we've soo crossed the point of knowing someone too well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me happy on So many Levels :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this post should have come with a warning. Crying bittersweet tears here. Good and faithful sisters and friends who walk with us along the way--not always perfectly, but always with grace. This is gift. So happy Flat Mary made it onto your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank God for the gift of friendship.

    ReplyDelete