January 19, 2011

wearing giraffe ears to the glory of God

two little words
seven letters of peace
why does God say "Fear not"
when there seems to be oh so much to fear?
He is Creator, holy and mighty, infinite in power
I am creature, broken, full of sin, weak
and yet He says "Fear Not"
The mountains crumble
Evil men prosper
all seems lost
and yet He says "Fear Not"

fear not, for I am with you;
   be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
   I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 

or I, the LORD your God,
   hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, "Fear not,
   I am the one who helps you."
 
But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob,
   he who formed you, O Israel:
 Fear not, for I have redeemed you;
    I have called you by name, you are mine.
 
Fear not, stand firm, 
and see the salvation of the LORD, 
which he will work for you today.
For the Egyptians whom you see today, 
you shall never see again. 
Fear not, for behold, 
I bring you good news of great joy 
that will be for all the people. 

I heard once that giraffes are fearless...their kicks can kill lions...and so they have no natural predators...I long to be a giraffe...to fear not...and so I wear my giraffe ears to the glory of God...because my God is good and because my Father loves me and love casts out fear
Linking up with Imperfect Prose, a community built in brokenness

11 comments:

  1. You are adorable, and your words are powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, oh fabulous, fearless female!

    ReplyDelete
  3. smiles...be the giraffe...may He give you peace and strength to face those fears...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And with that, I believe you may have just made the first recorded link between fake giraffe ears and faith in God. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i.love.this. in so many ways.
    it reminds me of a counseling meeting i had a while back and i how i was wishing for peace. i'd been making the correlation to being in a foreign country and i, arrogant american? kept expecting to see the signs transform into english. my counselor told me that when you become immersed enough in a language you can dream in that language, and it just clicked: the desire to be so immersed in peace i dreamt it. so yes, i wholly get the giraffe ears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be a giraffe too. I love these verses and I love this post and you are simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I need my own set of giraffe ears. I’m really praying and working on releasing fear this year and replacing it with more faith in God’s promise to care for me, however He chooses that to be. Thanks for your encouragement! Love the picture. You are living fearlessly! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh the giraffe ears are adorable and those words are powerful. where did you get that hat? i think i could use the reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yayyyyyyy!!! what an awesome picture! and what a great analogy. LOVED this post lauri. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your giraffe ears!!!....and love the message...thank you for inspiring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how the fear nots get bigger and bigger. And the giraffe ears rock, too.

    ReplyDelete