February 16, 2011

my confessions

I have to confess that I do not feel like I could do justice to "justice" tonight...to be honest life has been kicking my butt a bit lately I don't feel up to doing much of anything right now.  Nothing major going on, just a lot of little things piling up to make daily life oh so incredibly daily.  The latest in my misadventures and stumbling blocks has been the fact that my apartment now looks like a scene from ET






A water problem due to weather damage to my building manifested itself as a few stains on my ceiling and a patch of soaking wet carpet. I understand that it was necessary to get at the root problem but I really was not prepared for a plastic wall and a kitchen blocked by furniture last night.  After I got over the shock and started moving furniture to get around I was brave and ventured across the plastic curtain and took some pictures

Sometimes life is like snow beaten building.  Little issues, small sins, minor stumbling blocks can pop up when least expected and will grow moldy and gross if not dealt with.  But usually that "dealing with" requires some pretty big digging because the problem is deeper and much more wide spread than originally thought.  No matter how costly, inconvenient, or hard that clean up has to be...it is always better than mold spores and bug infestations.

thanks for listening and letting me take a bit of a break from my barefooted adventures.  Lord willing I'll be back in action next week.

joining up with Emily and others at Imperfect Prose

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! I didn't know it had gotten that bad! Looks like our basement after the washer flooded. Boy, those fans did a number on my electric bill. Costly clean up, indeed. And yes, sin does seem an awful lot like mold spores sometimes--so insidious. Love you and will miss you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true that "dealing with" things in our lives can turn into much bigger and deeper projects than we anticipated. Thankfully, He is patient...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh. hope all goes well with the clean up...and a great metaphor for life too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. We all have those days, don't we? And they always seem to come at the worst times. Hoping and praying things turn around quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh friend... i appreciated this post, and how honest and real it was. may you find strength and joy even as your apartment becomes new.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch! I'd hate to come home to something like this!! So you have my sympathy, but I also appreciate how you tied it back to a good life lesson.

    ReplyDelete