This is what I know to be true:
- Jesus loves me
- I am a sinner saved by grace, walking and learning to be more like Him
- I am washed in blood and God remembers my sins no more
- I am adopted into the family of God
- I am not my own
- God is sovereign
- God is bigger than the boogie man (He's bigger than godzilla or the monsters on TV)
- This world is broken and sore with sin
- This world is not my home
- Though I stand on Jordan's stormy banks, I'm bound for a better land
- God provides for His people, He is enough
- I am blessed beyond measure with family and friends who love me, a roof over my head, food in my pantry, a job that uses my gifts and pays my bills
- I am called to love God and love people
- I am called to be a good steward of the gifts given to me
One thing I learned this week, it is not enough just to say yes to truth, but I also must just as passionately say no to lies.
Doubts, fears, guilt, despair, jealousy, worry all have no place in this holy place of barefooted communion.
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth.
What do you know to be true?
Adding my voice to Imperfect Prose