June 8, 2011

auntie lauri

Most people who know me, know I want to be a mom
...and I have for a while
Growing up, I had numerous ideas for what "I wanted to be when I grew up"
but it was always something and a wife and mother
Sometimes this long lasting desire clouds my heart, and I doubt God's goodness
Many times I have been frustrated by the lack of opportunity for this desire to be met,
instead of recognizing God's goodness in placing me in exactly the position He wants me in
by His grace, those times have become less frequent, but they still happen
But when those doubting times happen, even in the midst of my minds active rebellion against God and His goodness
God is still good to me and tells me that He's got me and I need not doubt or be afraid

God knows my heart's desire better than I do and He alone knows when or how it will be fulfilled
For now He has blessed me richly by calling me to be Auntie Lauri my 3 favoritetest boys in the world
Being part of their world enables me to keep a better perspective on mine and although it's not exactly how I thought my life would go
For now this is enough

linking up with Emily and others at imperfect prose

4 comments:

  1. Hey Lauri, I got your note :) If you can't find the books in the library, let me know and I'll be happy to send you the instructions for the birdbath. You make a lovely auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh friend, this makes my heart ache, for my sister has the same longing... may he hear the cry of your heart. and in the meantime, may he send the world's lonely and hurting children your way... you have so much love to give. you're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to what emily said. And, yes, those boys are blessed. (And pretty much adorable)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful post. I just adore your post and your lovely photos.
    Write My Essay

    ReplyDelete