March 16, 2013

The Year of the Giraffe

It has been almost a year since I last wrote...guess I just ran out of stuff to write about.
But I'm back now and ready for a year of adventure.
Since I last wrote I have bought a house, become an auntie, and started to make peace with my singleness.  I have also learned a few things about myself.
I have learned that I have a problem with books....My name is Lauri and I am a library addict!  I love books and learning about new things and I have decided that I am finally ok with owning the fact that I am in fact a HUGE NERD!  Lately I have been learning about King Arthur and the White House and space....and gardening and cooking.
I have also learned that I should listen to my sense of color and design more confidently.  It's taken me a while to realize this, but I know what makes me happy and if that one defining detail is the only thing linking the colors and shapes in my house than that is enough.  I seriously need to stop worrying about whether or not things "match." (very difficult for a first born type "a" girl like myself).
I have learned that God says that because of His love I AM ENOUGH.  In Him, I am strong enough, smart enough, pretty enough, healthy enough, creative enough, funny enough to bloom exactly where He has placed me.  The fact that I am still single is not a reflection on my traits, both the beautiful and the broken, but a testimony to the fact that God is better at writing my story than I am.  And for this I am learning to be ever more grateful.
For all of these reasons I have declared this year to be my Year of the Giraffe!  My goal is to fearlessly wring out everything I can from this life I am blessed to lead.  I want to gracefully and confidently walk in whatever direction I am being led.  I also want to be better about chronicling this journey here, to give testimony to the fact that I am in fact more broken than I have realized but that I am also more loved than I could ever dare to hope.

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to reading your adventures - Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved with an everlasting love--this is the most true thing about you.

    That, and YOU ROCK!!!!

    Looking forward to seeing more from you here. Hugs and stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!! I can relate to a lot of what you wrote...you ARE enough!!! You are the apple of the Father's eye!!! Julie Anne xxoo

    ReplyDelete